Saturday, December 29, 2012

For Unto Us a Child is Born (39 weeks)


I just haven't had time to make a chalkboard the past few weeks. I am so busy, which helps me not to just think about how badly I want to meet baby girl. 

How far along? 39 weeks
Baby size: A Watermelon! About 20 inches long and weighing "a bit over 7 lbs)... actually their guess this week was that she is in the upper 8s. Just like I want her. I really like the idea of a 9 lb baby they are harder to break lol
Total weight gain/loss: 48.5
Maternity clothes? This week I have mostly worn dresses. They are just more comfy and I dont have to keep pulling them up.
Stretch marks? Still aren't super noticeable, but they are there alright.

Sleep: I have actually slept really well this week. It can be hard to get comfortable, but I sleep hard when I sleep. It's been strange to wake up with sore hips from laying on my side all night. 
Highlights/Best moments this week: Baby girl rotated this week and was anterior. I am pretty sure she went right back though... still trying to "spin" this baby.
This week we celebrated my birthday, had a Christmas Eve service that included a true Nativity Story. We had so much fun! We also had Christmas dinner with a family from Church. It is so nice to realize that even though we are away from our biological family, God has blessed us with another family of believers. 


This Christmas God really opened my eyes to what it meant for Christ to be born. God humbled himself to be born in the form of a tiny baby. When I really think about that it gives new meaning to our Christmas Carols and it humbles my heart. I love how Bob Kauflin puts it, 

 Jesus, the eternal Son of God who before time was worshiped by countless angels, set aside his glory and entered the world through the birth canal of a young woman he had created.
He came not into a 21st century environment with trained doctors, sterilized instruments and fetal monitors, but into a 1st century cave filled with flies, animal excrement, and filth.
The fullness of deity took of residence in the body of a baby gasping for its first breath.
The one who spoke the universe into existence lay silent, unable to utter a word.
He came by choice and with the sole intention of redeeming a fallen and rebellious race through his perfect obedience, substitutionary death, and victorious resurrection.



When I meditate on that, I am ashamed of how commercialized Christmas has become. Traditions and time with family and even gifts are all a part of God's common grace to be enjoyed by us, but none of those things are what Christmas is about. 
 

My car is fixed, the nursery is mostly complete...just need to hang the curtains!

Miss Anything? I am just ready to hold my baby girl. I have loved being pregnant and I don't feel like I made some huge sacrifice, but I am so anxious to meet her.

Movement: She still moves around in there, mostly at night when I am falling asleep
Food cravings: Well it was Christmas so I just ate everything.
Anything making you queasy or sick: No sickness
Have you started to show yet: yes
Gender : It's a GIRL!!
Symptoms: My feet have been swelling more lately, but nothing too bad. I am definitely getting more emotional, my back hurts more frequently and I have to pee everytime I stand up.
Belly Button in or out? it's out and you can see it through my shirts 
Wedding rings on or off? off and around my neck.
Happy or Moody most of the time: mostly happy, but definitely moody at times
Looking forward to:  I am just looking forward to the fact that it will be no longer than 2 weeks tops before AnnaSophia is here! It's really happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment