Monday, November 26, 2012

A Week of Thanksgiving (34 weeks)



How far along? 34 weeks
Baby size: A butternut squash/cantaloupe, but I am pretty sure she has been the size of both of these things in the past, that is what happens when you use two different sources! About 18 inches long and weighing 4.75 lbs.
Total weight gain/loss: my weight gain has been crazy lately, at my appointment I had gained a whopping 34 lbs,  granted I lost 1/2 a pound after I peed. I sometimes weight up to 5 lbs more by the night than I did in the morning...I am not going to worry until my midwives start to worry.
Maternity clothes? I keep catching my belly hanging out the bottom of all my shirts...even the maternity ones haha
Stretch marks? No new or growing stretchmarks this week

Sleep: I have been sleeping well with my 5 pillows :-) and getting up by 8:30 every day.
Highlights/Best moments this week: This week was Thanksgiving and there was so much to be thankful for. On Sunday our Church had a baby shower in honor of Anna Sophia (See pictures below). The ladies pitched in a bought us a Britax travel system...my dream stroller and car seat.
We are so blessed by so many people that love and care about our baby girl. So many people put in time and effort to make food and decorations and gifts (homemade quilt, and cloth diapers!)

We also spent the week house-sitting for some friends of ours, but it was more like a vacation for us than a favor for them. We had a week filled with board games, ping pong matches, and baking in a nice big kitchen. Plus we were able to finish painting the bedroom without having to sleep in the paint fumes!

We celebrated Thanksgiving this year apart from our families, but we realized that God has blessed us beyond measure with a Church family that love us and love the Lord (and they can cook too!). We spent the night singing praises and thanking the Lord for all that he has given us. 

On Saturday, the last day of week 34 we took advantage of the Black Friday Deals. We went on a nice date to Cheesecake factory, and then used a gift card that came just in time to Pottery Barn Kids (Thanks Kathi and Larry Provonsha!) I was able to get the most perfect diaper bag that I had had my eye on for a long time. The combination of sales and gift cards made it ppossible to buy. We also bought a crib mattress and a camcorder all on sale and combined with gift cards!
 
Miss Anything? I miss... nothing really
Movement: She is able to respond and recognize songs now and she definitely does! She loves it when I sing and she dances along, either that or she is nudging me to keep it down
. haha But she is in the right position and I think she has more room to move now that she found her sweet spot ;-)
Food cravings: trying to eliminate my need for a cookie a day since I gained 7lbs between visits haha
Anything making you queasy or sick: nope!
Have you started to show yet: Yup
Gender : It's a GIRL!!
Symptoms:New this week is joint pain in my hands and slight swelling in my feet, but only on Thanksgiving. It must be all the baking I was doing on my feet.
Belly Button in or out? pretty much non-existent or out.
Wedding rings on or off? off and around my neck.
Happy or Moody most of the time: SOOO excited I know that my nesting is about to start.
Looking forward to:  Organizing baby girl's nook and getting things ready for her to come!




The following photos are by Sara Jean Peck!







No comments:

Post a Comment