Monday, November 5, 2012

Easy Garlic Red Potatoes

Easy Garlic Red Potatoes 

I saw Ina Garten make dill fingerling potatoes on TV one time and I decided that I would try a similar recipe with our favorite... garlic! I also usually have red potatoes on hand so I chopped them into smaller pieces and tossed them in the pot (after all I am new at this cooking business and I have no idea what a fingerling is)! This has now become one of our favorite family side dishes and it's super easy!


Ingredients:

  • 4-6 red potatoes 
  • 2 Tbs butter
  • 1 1/2 Garlic cloves (could also use garlic powder)
  • Salt and pepper to taste


Directions:
  1. Cut potatoes into wedges.
  2.  In a large heavy bottom pot melt butter. 
  3. Add potatoes, garlic, salt, and pepper. 
  4. Cover and let cook on low heat for 20 minutes. 
 * * Be sure to shake the pot from time to time to prevent the potatoes on the bottom from burning.

No comments:

Post a Comment