Saturday, October 13, 2012

The Homestretch! (28 Weeks)



How far along? 28 weeks 
Baby size: An eggplant! About 14.8 inches long and weighing 2.25 lbs.
Total weight gain/loss: So I guessed 15 lbs last week...not quite accurate. I have gained a whopping total of 23lbs... 11 of which I gained in the last month! My midwives didn't seem concerned, so I am not going to be concerned.
Maternity clothes?This week Shelby (Baby Jack's mama) gave me a huge bag of her old maternity clothes, so now I can have some more style in my wardrobe. It's so nice to have so many other pregnant/new mama friends!

Stretch marks? my college stretch marks seem to have grown by a tiny amount, but nothing drastic.

Sleep: Sleep is poop this week! My belly is getting big enough that I cant find a comfortable position, then baby girl starts squirming and then I am awake again... I even got up an watched a lifetime movie one night. I also remembered this little herbal tincture from Wish Gardens that helps sleepy nights so that helped one night.
Highlights/Best moments this week: I switched this to include highlights, because I can never only pick one best moment... This week we finished our last Bradley class, talked more about placenta encapsulation, and a possible Doula. We paid off the Birth Center yippee! We had an appointment with our favorite midwives and I had my glucose test (which I was thankful to finally have something sugary haha).
Miss Anything? I am just hoping that I don't have gestational diabetes, so that I don't have to be so strict on my sugar intake.
Movement: I feel everything and I love it. I have been learning to tell the by the kicks and buldges how she is positioned. Its actually pretty hard, but i think it will get easier now that I have an idea of what I am looking for. 

Food cravings: This week I didn't allow myself to give in to sweets, so I haven't been craving them as much. My midwife suggested I learn to make a cookie that is full of good stuff like a chocolate substitute called carob....definitely checking that out!
Anything making you queasy or sick: nope!
Have you started to show yet: yes, definitely 
Gender : It's a GIRL!!
Symptoms: Comfort is getting more difficult
Belly Button in or out?I am beginning to wonder if it will actually pop out or just disappear. It just keeps getting more and more shallow

Wedding rings on or off? off and around my neck.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy and blessed!
Looking forward to: 2 year anniversary with my hubby (Oct. 16), Maternity shoot with Artdrea Photography, finally painting the nursery, and getting things set up for when Baby Girl gets here.


No comments:

Post a Comment