Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Polls are Open! (19 weeks)




My Mom and Sister decided a question mark needed to be painted on my tummy!


This is my sister and myself pondering over the gender of Baby West!


How far along? 19 weeks 
Baby size: A Mango! Averaging 6 inches and 8.5 ounces.
Total weight gain/loss: 6 lbs
Maternity clothes? My mom took me maternity shopping today and I now have a ton of outfits :-)

Stretch marks? Nope

Sleep: Sleeping pretty well
Best moment this week: My mom and sister came up to visit and we have been having a lot of fun, but I think tomorrow will have the BEST moment.

Miss Anything? I am pretty good this week
Movement: Definitely moving!

Food cravings: I really want soda again this week...
Anything making you queasy or sick: I haven't really been sick this week
Have you started to show yet: YES! :-)
Gender Prediction: Very last gender prediction before we find out.... I am going to be on team GIRL since I know Lucas and my mom are both team BOY
Symptoms: No new symptoms to this week, just the same ole'
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? off at night and on during the day... nice compromise
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: Tomorrow when we have our ultrasound followed by our gender reveal party... I am so excited, I doubt I will sleep tonight!!


Gender Reveal Plans

Our plans for tomorrow when we go to our ultrasound appointment are that we won't actually find out the gender. There is still a chance that we will discover the results since part of our ultrasound will be 4d...it could be pretty obvious. But supposing that we don't "see for ourselves" we will have the doctor text my friend Beth (see peach picking post) who will then make our gender reveal cupcakes. We are having a few friends over and we will skype/call in our families out of town. Everyone at the party will get a cupcake and we will all bite into our cupcakes together. If the filling is blue, it's a boy and if it is pink, it's a girl! We thought that would be more fun for everyone than having a stranger tell us and then just outing it to everyone. Hopefully we will have a video to post to let the rest of our friends know!

The polls are open...we would love to hear your guess!


4 comments:

  1. Gender reveal cupcakes! What a great idea! Can't wait to see pictures. You look so cute! I was just thinking back to all of our theatrical endeavors. I miss those days, but I'm so excited for what's ahead in your life. I'll be with you on team Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca casteel BergerAugust 9, 2012 at 4:39 AM

    i was a friend of Lucas wayyy long ago... I am 22 weeks myself we also had a gender reveal party. we had the mid wife seal it up in an envelope & we took it to the bakery on a Thursday & had the party that following saturday I am NOT a person of surprise so it was killing me to not open the envelope especially having to wait 2 days to find out!! the baker dyed the inside of the cake & turned out pink!! BUT with that being said.. I am SO glad that I did not peek. it was so worth the wait. so try really hard to not peek ... have the doc make yall turn away when he goes over the gender. ( I still got to seey baby just not the gender) b/c it will be more than worth the wait... if I had know it would of complelty spoiled the cake cutting & my reaction. ( I was very certain it was a boy) you should also have your friend capture the moment you find out. it will be a moment that you'll never want to forget!
    good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm....I am thinking that it is ............... Just have to wait until the reveal cup cake revels my answer!! Have fun with Mom and Sis! Love you girls!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete