Thursday, July 26, 2012

Bradley Class (17 Weeks)

I thought it might be neat to compare 12 weeks to 17 weeks as I was wearing the same outfit...


   
How far along? 17 weeks 
Baby size: An Onion. Averaging 5.1 inches long and weighing 5.9 ounces.
Total weight gain/loss: Roughly 3lbs
Maternity clothes? I don't have many, but my pants don't fit anymore for sure
Stretch marks? Nope
Sleep: Sleeping better this week
Best moment this week:We had our fist Bradley Method Class and we also had a really fun date night on Monday :-)

Miss Anything? not really this week
Movement: I think it's safe to say that I am feeling movement, like tumbling or kart wheels.

Food cravings: I have eaten a lot of grapes this week... I am also trying to stick to the stuff that Bradley suggests so there is no room for cravings.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Bad smells really hit me hard!
Have you started to show yet: Yes and I have started having to pull things over my belly!
Gender Prediction: When I think about the actual baby I always see a girl, but as I am working on nursery/registry stuff I always look for things as if I am expecting a boy...
Symptoms: My fingers are swelling :-(
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? They have been off quite a bit this week, I guess a combination of the heat and pregnancy.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Pretty Happy :-D I will admit that I have had a few melt downs though.
Looking forward to: Family Visits and only 2 weeks until we find out what we are having on August 9th!!!



Bradley Method Class
This week we had our first Bradley Method class. For those of you who don't know, Bradley method is a natural birthing method that focuses on relaxation and the husband as the coach. We will be covering A LOT of material from diet and exercise to the phases of birth. They will teach us how to prepare our bodies now for the rigor of child birth. It is pretty awesome! This week we covered some exercises that prepare your body for labor like squatting, tailor sitting (Indian style with a pillow), and my favorite how to relax... apparently Dr. Bradley was inspired by farm animals who go off on their own and imitate sleep when they are about to give birth. So this week I get to practice being relaxed...and Lucas gets to help (massage!!). I think I am going to enjoy this class! 

No comments:

Post a Comment