Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Second Trimester (13 Weeks)




How far along?  13 weeks ...according to most, the first week of my Second Trimester
Total weight gain/loss: This week I lost a pound putting my weight gain back to 1.5lbs....must be all the walking in Gatlinburg.
Maternity clothes? Mostly just wearing comfy pants.
Stretch marks? not yet :-)
Sleep: mehh....getting harder to stay asleep through the night.
Best moment this week: We traveled to TN for a Family Reunion and had a wonderful time. We learned that Baby West will be the start of a new generation in our family
.
Miss Anything? Not so much missing something, but missing out on zip lining and white water rafting with the family was a little sad.
Movement: I wish!

Food cravings: Still craving the dill, this week gummy bears
Anything making you queasy or sick: Car rides and strong smells
Have you started to show yet: I am able to tell that I am showing, but to most people I probably just look fat haha
Gender Prediction: I am keeping my guess on a girl

Labor Signs: No
Symptoms: Well this week I cried thinking about a great great uncle I met one time, simply because he wasn't at our family reunion.
Belly Button in or out? in
Wedding rings on or off? on

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, but hubby might say different
Looking forward to: Starting our Bradley Method class soon-ish (mid July)

Funny Pregnancy Story: So I ordered a Fetal Doppler to listen to the baby's heart this week and when I finally found the heart beat, it was reading at 120 and then dropping. I was very concerned and had hubby help me make sure that I was using it right. As I became more and more discouraged the heart rate continued to drop. We listened very intently for about 30 seconds, then Hubby looks at me with a bit of a snicker and says "babe, that is your heart beat, you have it on a pressure point". We did find baby's heart beat once hubby did the searching and it was strong and fast and around 158 bpm... Never a dull moment in the West home.

No comments:

Post a Comment